That’s right. This title says it all— in ONE month I doubled my Instagram growth. And today I am going to tell you the HOW. The methods will surprise you, the outcomes will shock you, and you’ll find out how you can implement this strategy starting TODAY. You ready, goal diggers? It’s time to share my secrets and I’m holding nothing back!
I was looking at my feed, and wanting MORE. But i just didn’t know more of. You all know I am a number and stats FREAK so I started to dig in to my Instagram posts performances… when is the last time you analyzed what’s happening? Not in an obsessive way but with a curiosity that might lead you to a discovery. That’s what I was doing.
I started being able to have a hunch on how a photo would do. Now, I come from the school of thought that I don’t care if a photo gets 1 like or 1,000 but you also know that I have a problem with being a little obsessed with both numbers and strategy and so when I realized I would know what was doing really well on my feed and where I was falling short, I started to think a little bit. What did all of this mean? What did I find? I had realized that any photo with ME in it did 3x better than anything else…
So I told my sister about my experiment…. While I was in Hawaii, starting February 1st, I was going to share photos of ME for a month straight— without breaking it up with “pretty”, less personal photos. (Tune in to hear all about what led to this decision!)
How Did It Feel?
To be honest, it felt a little narcissistic. Did I seem obsessed with myself? Would I run out of photos? Would I *lose* followers?? But, I was curious, and decided to just go for it!
It felt odd at first, but I quickly realized it also FUN to challenge myself to be IN photos and not just take them. I am on an ever-growing journey to love myself as I am, and getting in from to grow camera is a beautiful challenge for this!
Also, BONUS: It also gave me a chance to share more of our lives and tell more meaningful stories (because I wasn’t trying to caption a picture of a flower with something deep and vulnerable!)
The End Result?
Out of 40 posts, there were only 8 without me in them. So I was showing up in 80% of my images. Engagement rates between 1.64% and 3.48% are considered to be good, I was hitting 6%, 9%, I even had one post that got over 21% engagement. THAT IS INSANE. This is where it gets crazy … How Exactly did showing up on my feed consistently change my Instagram game?
Here are the facts: Between January and February (before my experiment) I went up 6k in a month… from February to March 1 went up 13k. My engagement was higher than ever because i was showing up to my audience as a real person- not just a perfectly styled photo! I got more brand deals and sponsorship offers because my brand had more personality (and engagement!) and companies saw that I was already wearing different clothes and items and they wanted me to wear theirs next.
Now It’s Time To Apply It To YOU!
When was the last time you experimented with social media?
- After all, guys, it’s an APP! It’s time to have fun!
- Is there anything you’re wanting to try but are holding back? (Art, vulnerable caption, selfie- whatever it is, DO IT!)
- You never know what could come of it!
Are you keeping social media social or is it just one big marketing pitch?
- I want you to be really honest with yourself- How are YOU *really* using social media??
- Is it to create a connection or build your ego?
- I encourage you to bring yourself to your feed- to be honest, authentic, and ENGAGE with others
- Yes, there is a time and a place to sell, but never forget to create CONNECTION first and foremost!
How are you using your stories to share more of your life and behind the scenes?
- Along with showing up on your feed, your stories offer an amazing opportunity to show YOU- behind the beautiful, styled photos
- There is something so vulnerable and authentic about showing up in real-time and allows followers to feel like they know you even more!
- It’s easy to let lack of confidence keep you from going live, but just START. If you want to put on makeup or go to an area of good lighting, that’s fine, but just SHOW UP.
- It allows you to connect with your followers in a more unscripted, “real life” way!
There you have it, Goal Diggers, my true secret to doubling my growth rate! Just showing up, as you are! People are craving more personal connections, more real life, more HUMANNESS. Take the pressure off of selling/growing and start putting your emphasis on just showing up. The results will follow, I promise. I truly do challenge all of you to show up in some way today …because after all the world wants YOU- not perfectly styled flowers!
READY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE OF INSTAGRAMMER YOU ARE?