Goal Diggers, today I am introducing you to my ultimate superwoman, my momma! My mom truly does it all: she is a mother of three (I have one brother and one sister), she has been married for 37 years, is a grandma to two (with two more on the way!), she has been a nurse for over 37 years and specifically a nursing instructor for 29. Not to mention, she coordinates my mastermind, is a Make A Wish granter, and is just generally the most positive, calming person you could ever be around!
Today, I wanted my mom to come in to discuss #allthethings like only a mother could do. Hearing what it was like being a working momma, how she found her path, what advice she has for me as I become a mom, what she *really* thinks of my career, and just ALL the mom goodness! Safe to say, I will treasure this episode forever– without further adieu, my momma, Sue Shelerud!
I ASKED HER *YOUR* BIGGEST QUESTIONS!
- Share a little bit about you, what you do, what you’re passionate about, what you’re excited about?
- Tell me about your nursing career, how did it start, how did it evolve?
- From a mother’s standpoint, what was it like when we went through our miscarriages, struggles?
- How are feeling now that we’re pregnant?
- How is it with us moving home?
- What are your tips of advice for being a mom?
- Are you going to be in the room when we have the baby?
- What was it like when you held me for the first time?
- Was it kind of weird when you had to repicture life with a girl when you thought you were having a boy?
- What was I like as a child? Was I always a leader, dreamer, did you know I’d do things someday?
- What did you really think when I told you I’m leaving my job to be a photographer, when I’d never even taken an art class?
- Tell everyone what you think of Drew? What was your first impression of him?
- Have I ever done anything to make you uncomfortable?
- What makes you most proud of my journey?
- Is it weird if people know that you’re my mom?
- How have I changed in this journey?
- What is it like having a daughter who has changed many lives?
- There’s gotta be secrets to this parenting thing…. How would you describe yours and dad’s parenting styles?
- How did you and dad end up together?
- What has it been like having me as boss?
- What are you dreaming of, as you’re approaching retirement age?
- What’s next?
- What are some of your favorite mother/daughter memories?
- Do you think I’m going to have a girl or a boy?
- What is your last piece of advice for women out there?
I had SO much fun with this interview– basically because I just got to have a heart-to-heart with momma bear! She is hands down one of the wisest people in my life, and hearing HER perspective on my growth, my career, (…and my underwear pics), was so, so enlightening. Goal Diggers, you will LOVE this episode.